The Community Profile contains useful information in relation to investment opportunities in the Township of Selwyn and includes information on demographics, cost of utilities, taxes, contact information for business support resources, information on available commercial and industrial properties and much more.
- The Township of Selwyn is situated centrally in the County of Peterborough, and is bordered by the City of Peterborough in the southeast.
- The Township of Selwyn is the most populated municipality in the County of Peterborough.
- The Township of Selwyn has close to one third of all the households' in the County of Peterborough.
- The Township of Selwyn makes up approximately 34% of the workforce in the County of Peterborough.
- The dominant industry in the Township of Selwyn is retail and other services including tourism. The home-based business sector is growing.
- The Village of Lakefield and the Woodland Acres Subdivision are serviced by full municipal water and sewer systems. The water and sewer system is in the initial stages of a planned expansion, which would service the Lakefield Secondary Plan Area.
- High-speed internet is available throughout the majority of the Township.