Browser Compatibility Notification
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Complaint Reporting Process


Registering a Complaint regarding a By-law or Property Standards Matter

The Township of Selwyn Zoning By-law specifies the permitted uses (e.g. commercial or residential) and the required standards (e.g. building size and location) in each zone.

The Property Standards Bylaw sets out the minimum standards for building and property maintenance within the municipality and is intended to outline the reasonable maintenance and upkeep of yards, buildings and properties.

We recommend you first speak directly with the property owner where you have an issue, in person or by telephone. Most complaints are received verbally this way and resolved promptly.

If you are not satisfied with how your verbal complaint is handled, you can submit a By-law or Property Standards Complaint to the Building & Planning Department. Complaints must be made in writing (by mail, fax or e-mail), and we will make every effort to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Please note:

If you concern does not involve a By-law or Property Standards matter, please visit our "Customer Complaint Process" page.