Overview of User Fee and Charges By-law 2016-026:
- Building Fees (Section 1) - fees established as a part of the Building By-law 2014-008 will remain. Building permit fees will increase by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) annually.
- Development Charges (Section 2) - fees established as part of the development Charges By-law 2013-071 will remain. Development Charges fees will increase by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) annually.
- Planning Fees (Section 3) - fees established by Tariff of Fees By-law 2010-022 which will be repealed with fees adopted by the new consolidated Fee By-law 2016-026. Council approved of the new planning fees at the December 15, 2015 Council meeting. These new fees will commence April 1, 2016 and will increase annually by the CPI index commencing January 1, 2017.
- Sign Permits (Section 4) - fees established by Sign By-law 2012-092 will remain.
- Dog Licence/Tags (Section 5) - fees established in Schedule A of the Regulation of Dogs By-law 2001-02 (further amended by 2005-132 and 2009-093) will be repealed with fees adopted by new consolidated By-law 2016-026. It is proposed that commencing in 2017 the cost for a licence purchased after the March 31st deadline increase from $20.00 to $25.00, the cost for a replacement dog tag increase from $5.00 to $10.00 and Kennel Licence increase from $100 to $125.
- Fire Fees (Section 6) - fees established by By-laws 2010-054 Open Air Burning Regulations and 2010-062 False Alarms and Motor Vehicle Accident Billing Policy adopted by Council Resolution on September 12, 2005 will remain and Tariff of Fees By-law 2013-024 will be repealed with fees adopted by the new consolidated Fee By-law 2016-026. A new fee of $50.00 to manage requests for fire incident reports will also be adopted by new consolidated By-law 2016-026.
- Licences (Section 7) - fees established by By-laws 2011-117 Refreshment Vehicle Licencing, 2002-05 Bed and Breakfasts, 2013-083 Trailer Park Licencing, 2002-060 Exhibitions for Hire and Gain, 2001-003 Lottery Licencing and 2009-088 Secondary Suites/Garden Suites will remain and Tariff of Fees By-law 2008-009 establishing fees for marriage licences will be repealed with the marriage licence adopted by new consolidated By-law 2016-026. It is proposed that the marriage licence fee be increased from $100 to $120 effective June 1, 2016.
- General Municipal Fees (Section 8) - fees established by By-law 2008-009 which will be repealed with fees adopted by new consolidated By-law 2016-026. It is proposed that the NSF fee be increased from $20 to $25 commencing June 1, 2016.
- Tax Certificates and Zoning Compliance Requests (Section 9) - fees established by By-law 2008-009 which will be repealed with fees adopted by new consolidated By-law 2016-026. It is proposed that fees increase from $30 to $40 and that work orders and building permit information be combined into one fee of $70. It is also proposed that an additional 25% be added to fees to address rush requests (less than 10 days). These increases would commence June 1, 2016.
- Public Works - Entrance Permits (Section 10) - fees for new culvert installations were established in 2004. Culvert sizes have also changed due to the use of metric dimensions (e.g. 15" diameter culverts are no longer available - now 400mm or 16") and installation costs have also increased (staff and equipment time) since the fees were established. It is proposed that fees be increased to reflect the new culvert sizes with ½ of the increase effective June 1, 2016 and the full increase coming into effect January 1, 2017. It is further recommended that culvert fees increase by CPI annually effective January 1, 2018 to help keep current with installation and material costs.
- Unopened Road Allowances (Section 11) - fees to purchase unopened road allowances established by By-law 2009-02 will remain.
- Landfill Rates (Section 12) - fees established by Waste By-law 2012-082, amended by By-law 2016-014 will remain.
- Arenas and Parks (Section 13) - fees established through the annual budget process.
Any fees subject to CPI increases will be updated and coordinated with the Fees Schedule where required. Fees will also be reviewed annually as part of the budget and if necessary through the year. A fee updates will be approved by Resolution of Council and will be updated and coordinated with the Fees Schedule.
Water & Sewer:
Can't find the document that you are looking for here? Check in: Forms, Applications & Permits.