Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) - Smith & Ennismore Wards

Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Website

Report a Non-Emergency Crime

In the Selwyn Township Wards of Smith and Ennismore, residents can self-report minor incidents and crimes. The OPP's Citizen Self-Reporting page is an easy to use internet reporting tool that will allow the public to report specific crimes such as lost property, stolen license plates, theft from vehicles, driving complaints and property damage without an officer having to be dispatched to the scene, provided there are no suspects, injuries or the incident is not an emergency. 

The use of this system is completely optional and Police will still attend a call for service, if desired. 

If an occurrence does not qualify for online reporting, call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122.

Note: The Roadwatch program has been discontinued.


Citizen Self-Reporting

Vulnerable Persons Registry

The OPP, in partnership with MedicAlert, provides service to assist vulnerable persons and/or caregivers of vulnerable people to voluntarily submit vital information to a database that can be accessed by dispatchers when requested by police officers.

Register on the MedicAlert Connect Protect website

Peterborough Police Service - Lakefield Ward

Peterborough Police website

Report a Non-Emergency Crime

To report a non-emergency crime you can do so online.

Types of non-emergency crimes that can be reported via the Peterborough Police Service online system include: 

  • Theft under $5,000.00
  • Theft from vehicle
  • Fraud scams
  • Damage to vehicle
  • Damage to property
  • Lost property

Report a Non-Emergency Crime

 Vulnerable Persons Registry

The Peterborough Police Service offers a Vulnerable Person Registry for families and caregivers of vulnerable persons. The confidential information provided is entered into a database that will be used by police and other emergency services during a crisis situation. 

Vulnerable Person Registry


Other Resources

ATVs & Off-Road Vehicles

As of January 1, 2021, the Highway Traffic Act changed and All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)/Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs) are permitted on certain highways, including municipal highways (i.e. they are now permitted by default). Currently ATV/ORVs are not prohibited on Selwyn Township roads. There are certain highway types where they cannot be used (e.g. certain Provincial Highways and Regional roads, more specifically County of Peterborough roads).

Please refer to the Peterborough County website to understand which County roads permit ATV/ORVs.

ATV/ORV users will need to review Ontario Regulation 316/03: Operation of Off-Road Vehicles on Highways to understand the type of ATV/ORVs permitted in roadways and roads where ATV/ORVs are prohibited.

As further information, snowmobiles are permitted on highway right-of-ways by the Highway Traffic Act, unless a specific By-law is passed to prohibit their use. In Selwyn Township, Lakefield is the only area where snowmobiles are prohibited on a municipal road.

Criminal Record Check

Criminal record checks and police checks are required for a variety of purposes including employment, adoption, international travel, volunteer work, citizenship, name change, student placement or to obtain a record suspension (formerly pardon).

Smith-Ennismore Police Services Board

Smith-Ennismore Police Services Board page

phone iconContact Us