The property class code assigned to your property by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) contains the direction of your property tax school support. You'll find information about which school board your property taxes support on your Property Assessment Notice and on your property tax notice. 

By default, your property taxes support the English public school board. However, you may be able to change the school board that your taxes support. 

 Process to Change Your School Board Support

There are four classifications of school board support:

  • English public (as the default there is no application required - contact MPAC directly: 1-866-296-6722)
  • French public
  • English separate (Catholic)
  • French separate (Catholic)

To change the school board designation that MPAC has on file for you, please follow these steps:

  1. You must complete and attach an Application for Direction of School Support form, which you can obtain from your school board's office.
  2. If you are Roman Catholic, but your joint owner or leaseholder is not, and you want to change your designation to a Catholic board, you must complete and submit a Separate School Lease Agreement. You can get the Separate School Lease Agreement from your separate school board.
  3. Using mail or email, please send MPAC your:
    • Application for Direction of School Support
    • Separate School Lease Agreement (if applicable)

MPAC will process the change to your school support designation upon receipt.

For more information including a detailed list of criteria, please visit MPAC's website.

 List of Local School Boards

phone iconContact Us